Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here We Go!

Welcome 2014! Feeling blessed as we begin this new year! I had a fabulous Christmas with friends and family and now I can't wait to get back to school tomorrow!

Our tree with packages tied up with strings,
 these are a few of my favorite things!

Spent a few relaxing days at my parents' cabin in Northern Wisconsin.

Over break, I began tackling my big math project for this year. My district uses the Everyday Math curriculum and each student has a math journal to go along with the lessons. There are "math boxes" for each lesson as well that review previously learned skills and preview skills coming up. I have found that there are several students in my class that breeze through those math boxes. I began creating a more advanced version of the pages: using the same types of problems, but making them more challenging.



We are currently on Chapter 4 in our math series so I began by making the math boxes that correlate to that unit. I hope to make each chapter as we come to it during the school year. Pick up your copy of Chapter 4 for FREE from my TPT store!! Keep checking back for more chapters. As my principal would say, "We are building the airplane while we are in flight."

Something that I try to instill in my students every day!

Until next time,
 
Mrs. O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment